BHP is a leading global resources company. Our purpose is to create long-term shareholder value through the discovery, acquisition, development and marketing of natural resources. Our people are the foundation of our business and the key to our success.
Our Minerals Australia Business includes operations in Western Australia, Queensland, New South Wales and South Australia, focusing on iron ore, copper, coal and nickel.
About the Role
As a member of the Minerals Australia Commissioning team, the Specialist Commissioning CCMS role will support and govern the use of the Minerals Australia Completions and Commissioning Management System (CCMS) Continuum Edge on Iron Ore projects in support of Minerals Australia project objectives.
Duties to include;
- Support initial CCMS set-up for new projects, including systemization and engineering data import.
- Provide training in CCMS use to company and contractor personnel.
- Provide expertise to enable consistent and effective deployment of the CCMS across Iron Ore projects.
- Audit / govern the use of the CCMS on projects and provide report back to Delivery and Commissioning Leads / Managers
- Monitor and support administration of project CCMS databases.
- Support development and maintenance of the library of check-sheets, procedures, certificates, and CCMS reference data.
- Contribute to the embedment of Project Standards and functional processes, methodologies and systems through incorporation into CCMS best practice templates.
- Collaborate with the Construction function to provide support the construction completion process, in line with the construction strategy and PES / PEP to enable effective commencement of commissioning.
- Provide feedback that deliverables have been successfully commissioned to trigger the handover to Operations.
- Promoting the use of the CCMS through high quality support ensuring ease of use and maximum effectiveness
- Continuous improvement collaboration across Minerals Australia business units to achieve best practice
Your Skills & Experience
- Trade and / or Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or related discipline is preferred
- Strong data-base and software skills
- Experience in CCMS use and Administration
- Experienced in Projects and the Commissioning process
- Technical proficiency across a range of project disciplines such as electrical/electronic, mechanical, civil, process, optimisation or maintenance
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Ability to provide positive infuence
- Demonstrated team player to support achieving high performing outcomes;
- Demonstrated understanding of principles and governance in Commissioning;
- Demonstrated understanding of risk and governance in a project management capacity for successful delivery of projects safely, on time and on budget.
BHP is uniquely positioned to offer experience and career development opportunities difficult to find elsewhere. The scale of our business provides significant opportunity for professional development. We offer attractive salary packages which include employee share options, performance based bonuses and employer matched super contributions. In addition, this role is a great opportunity for you to take advantage of our flexible work arrangements.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We aim to ensure our team represents the communities we operate in; embracing the richness of Australia's diverse population and we encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.