- CBD location
- Immediate start available
- 12 month FTC
The Enterprise Data Services Developer brings together the best practices of user centred design,
continual process improvement, business analysis, solution architecture and AGILE software
Maintain Enterprise Data Services - 50% of time
- Develop data services that provide processes for identity allocation, resolution, cleansing and reconciliation.
- Develop and maintain Data Quality to measurement and instrumentation for key dimensions, including, accuracy, timeliness, consistency and completeness.
- Deliver data protection built right in, hardened for enterprise security, with automated data masking and provisioning with role and policy based access controls to ensure the right teams can get the data they need with the speed and ease required.
- Implements and systemically enforces proper data policies and procedures, data/metadata definitions and schemas to support Analytics.
- Support reporting requirements by analysing, extracting and publishing information on anomalies, insights, trends.
- Provide Analysis that supports business decisions and other ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Develop expertise in the operation and management of the developed services and any supporting infrastructure products or frameworks.
- Design service-level and data-level metrics and monitoring to indicate quality, detect problems and identify issues; and create mechanisms to visualise these.
Develop Enterprise Data Services - 35% of time
- Design, build, and maintain our data warehouse/data lake of matching data and Health sector data files.
- Design, build and maintain code that transforms the data into useful formats for Data Storage, Access and Reporting.
- Design, develop, test, deploy and automate ETL/ELT solutions that process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis.
- Work with business stakeholders and development teams to prioritise work, resolve conflicts, develop design criteria, and build requirements for successful delivery.
- Work with Architects and technical teams to create a Data virtualisation solution, defining a single system of record for data that eliminates excessively redundant physical data copies, and establishing centralised control while automating access to the necessary data.
- With work data architects to develop a solution that enables effective dimensional modelling and views to meet the needs of business users.
- Assist with testing to ensure services perform and meet non-functional requirements.
- Assist operational teams with troubleshooting if there are issues with the services.
Improve Data Management practices - 15% of time
- Enhance data management practices and technologies through research and application.
- Work to continuously improve the data management policies, standards and practices.
- Act as a subject matter expert for the product teams on data processing solutions and data management.
- Represent the client at meet-ups, conferences and other opportunities to showcase the work you have done.
- Contribute to appropriate open source projects.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- 5+ years database design and data modelling background
- 3+ years in ETL implementations
- 3+ years’ experience in Java and exposure to at least one other programming or scripting language such as Scala, PHP, Ruby, Python and/or R.
- 2+ years Hadoop, Hive, HBase or Spark
- 2+ years AWS experience preferably in the EMR, Athena and RedShift.
- Understands how to apply technologies to solve big data problems and to develop innovative big data solutions.
- Experience in engineering (commercial or open source) software platforms and large-scale data infrastructures
- Prior experience in build automation, continuous Integration, version control and other related technologies (Git, Bamboo, Jenkins or AWS CodePipeline, Code*)
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field required; advanced degree preferred
- Evidence of contribution and participation in Open-Source and Commercial software communities, meet-ups and groups.
A brilliant opportunity to join a large Australian brand, based in the CBD.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Heather Shillitoe on 02 9195 2941.