Big Data Specialist
- Engage and improve your specialised skills and experience on a variety of big data projects
- Be the subject matter expert for a strong and energized team
- Work with, select and create leading-edge technologies
Boeing Defence Australia is looking for a high performing Senior Software Engineer with some knowledge and experience on Big Data applications to become the specialist in our team. The successful applicant will be a key player in new and unique work that directly contributes to our National Defence, acting as the subject matter expert across a number of different projects to improve access times and flexibility in working with very large data sets. With both flexible working arrangements and a focus on work/life balance, this role is a career defining opportunity not to be missed.
- Be established Software or Data Science Professionals with suitable degree qualifications.
- Have strong proven experience with big data systems, such as Hadoop and Spark.
- Be able to informally mentor and train motivated technical staff.
- Have experience in Java on Linux systems.
Additional skills that would benefit an applicant are:
- Have an understanding and practical knowledge of Machine Learning applications.
- Have experience in C++ on Linux systems.
- Be familiar with Agile development lifecycles.
Boeing Defence Australia (BDA) is part of the Boeing Enterprise, a global innovator and one of Australia's leading and preferred defence partners. BDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values workforce diversity and the safety of our people.
Please note that applicants must be significantly established Australian Citizens.
Security Clearance: You will be required to successfully acquire and maintain a high level Government security clearance (PV), MUST be willing to disclose all necessary personal information and MUST have the ability to verify your background for whole of life.
More information on the security clearance vetting process is available on the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA) website. You are expected to have read and understood this prior to application.